Monday, October 25, 2010

Delilah

Last week was not a very good week because my cat, Delilah, was really sick. I started noticing it last Sunday. She wasn't using the bathroom in the litter box. Instead, she was using it on the rugs in the house. I'm glad that she did because I was able to soak it up and see that there was blood in her urine. That usually means that the cat has a urinary tract infection. So, off to the vet we went on Monday. He confirmed the urinary tract infection just by the symptoms and put her on some antibiotics. He told me that they usually get rid of the infection in two days. That didn't happen. I thought she was getting better but early Friday morning she had urinated in the bathtub and there was a lot of blood in her urine.

I cried myself to sleep and slept for a few hours. There is nothing worse than feeling helpless when it comes to a pet. I get attach
ed to animals. I've had Delilah since 2007. She was just a baby kitten when I got her and she bonded with me really fast. I called the vet on Friday morning and was able to get an appointment for 11:30am. I was worried sick and scared that she would be diagnosed with something really bad. I showed the vet the picture that I took of the urine in the bathtub and he gave her a shot. He said that if she didn't get better by Monday, to call and bring her back in.

So far, so good. She still doesn't seem to be back to her no
rmal self, but she hasn't been urinating outside of the litter pan(that I am aware of) and she is eating and drinking. She just isn't as loud and playful as she usually is. She normally meows a lot. She hasn't done that much lately and that worries me, but I'm hoping it is just because she is getting over the infection. Bless her heart. She has been pitiful.

It could be something that is bad and life-threatening but I won't know unless she acts sickly again and I take her back to the vet. I'm just going to keep a close watch on her and hope for the best! She is my baby and I don't know what I would do without her!

Pictures of Delilah:

This is Delilah, when she was a baby! She was such a handful. The first night that I had her, she had to stay downstairs, while we went upstairs to sleep. Our pit bull at the time, stayed in the bed with me and we were afraid to put them together. She climbed up the stairs and meowed and meowed at the door. I took her downstairs and laid on the couch with her and she cuddled with me. I fell in love with her after that! I stayed on the couch with her for about a week and then we were able to put the dog and cat together.

Look at my sweet baby. She is just precious in this picture. I haven't been able to get her to wear a collar since. She hates them! The bell on it must have annoyed her! :)

This picture was taken last year. She loves to be outside but unfortunately I can't let her out there anymore because of fleas and other cats that are in the neighborhood!

Can you tell that I LOVE this cat??? I hope she gets better soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about my dogs! Praying for Delilah!

    ReplyDelete