Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

My mom doesn't read my blog, but today is her birthday!  She is 62 years old today.  Hopefully I will be able to go see her this weekend.  She told me not to come see her today because she will be working and will be too tired when she gets home.  

I love my mom.  She is the strongest woman that I know.  She has overcome so many difficult situations in her life.  She has always been there for me regardless of how hard it was for her to deal with.  Yes, there are things that I don't tell her because I don't want to upset her, but for the most part, she knows everything about my life.  I call her almost every day, just to see how she's doing and to let her in on what is happening in my life.  

I couldn't ask for a better mom.  She isn't my biological mom, but she might as well be.  She adopted my brother and I when we were babies.  She is the only mom that I have ever known...and the only one that I want to know!  She taught me right from wrong and brought me up in the church.  She pushed me when I was younger because she wanted so much for me to have a wonderful life.  I feel that I have let her down because I am not really settled and I haven't graduated with a bachelor's degree...but I know that she is proud of me regardless.  

She works so hard.  She is single so she has to provide for herself...with no help.  A lot of people don't understand that, but they wouldn't unless they were divorced and on their own.  She is at the age where most people retire, but she will have to work for a few more years before she retires.  She doesn't complain about it.  She just keeps on going regardless of anything that happens.
 
I am very blessed to have a mom like her and I hope and pray that I have her for many, many years to come.  I don't know what I would do without her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment